CAKE!!! Who doesn’t like it? That’s why I decided to share this recipe with you. I got the recipe from my mom, who got it from a friend of hers, and where she got it from…no idea. It is a simple recipe for a light and fluffy cake, and if you stick to the steps, the end result will be yummy!
- 4 eggs (they should be room temperature, this is very important)
- unsalted butter
As you have probably noticed in the list above, I did not mention how many grams of sugar, butter, and flour you will need. This is because it depends on the eggs. You have to crack all 4 eggs into a bowl and weigh them. There’s a 1:1 ratio between all the ingredients. For example, if the 4 eggs together weigh 390 grams, you will need 390 grams of sugar, 390 grams of butter, and 390 grams of flour.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (320 degrees F)
- Mix the eggs in with the sugar, and keep mixing until light and fluffy. There should be a lot of air bubbles in the mixture (This is very important if you want the cake to be fluffy)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once it starts to boil, add the butter in with the eggs and sugar mixture. Slowly stir until combined.
- Sieve the flour in with the mixture and scoop it through until all the flour is combined with the mixture. (The reason you should scoop it through is to keep the air in the mixture)
- Put the mixture in your cake form and bake for 45 – 55 min. (Do not let the cake cool down in the oven, take it out of the oven and out of its form right when it’s done baking)
Prep your cake form by buttering it and then pour in some flour (just one or two teaspoons). Distribute the flour through the cake form by tapping and rotating it. Also, make sure the flour sticks to the sides of the cake form. The flour will make it easier to get the cake out of its form once it’s done baking.
I hope some of you will give this recipe a go and that it works out for you! Thank you for reading, and if you liked this post please give it a like, and maybe consider following my blog 🙂
twitter / instagram: @ellies_pov_